The Dyne

Separate dyne! 


On beds a dyne (duvet) is used and you purchase covers in many prints and different types of fabrics. These are a pain in the butt to put over the duvet, but we manage.

Many people have a duvet for summer months and a duvet for winter months. Oh, and the most common thing is for each person to have their own duvet.

Moving to Norway as a newlywed, I wanted to have one duvet that we shared on our bed thinking it would be extra cozy and we'd cuddle more. Newlyweds are hilariously idealistic though! This lasted only a few months before we surrendered with white flags in the war zone that was our sleeping quarters. Turns out, I'm quite territorial over the duvet. I hear a lot of women are like this. I freeze easier than my husband so I was often less comfortable than I wanted to be and he's a night owl who goes to bed later than I do which means every time he lifted the duvet, a gush of cold air would follow him waking me. We gave up with our idealism of cuddles and sharing one another's warmth and not arguing over who is hogging the cover.

Nowadays, we sleep with our own dyne each. He uses his year round and I have two; a lighter and a heavier one that I rotate between summer and winter months. That is how most people in Norway do and I've found that it works best for our sleeping arrangement. Separate duvets are a marriage saver!

Comments

Evelyn Sand said…
The typical thing to do here is to fold a duvet. You can find a duvet cover and duvet in a size 140 centimeters. 140x200 is quite average for an adult bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

Movie Title Translations