Almost there!

Ah, so I'm wide awake at 4:30 a.m. and not knowing what to do this early, I'll write! :-)

Yours truly. Painted inside this horse is Churchill Downs and
previous Derby winners. There are colorful painted horse statues
all over the state of Kentucky. 
A little over a week ago I picked Arild up from the airport. Earlier that day, an aunt strongly encouraged me to go to Churchill Downs with her to keep my mind off things. So I did.

It was by far one of the most important days of our lives. May 12th was the day the waiting ended and we'd never have to be apart again.

At the airport waiting at luggage pick up.

Then there were several trips visiting family and finally his parents arrived to Kentucky for the first time, after a trip to New York for the first time - let alone their first trip in America. I think and I really hope this trip went well for them. They commented they themselves were picking up on the southern accent and Americans eat cheese on everything.

We took a ride on the Spirit of Jefferson with
his parents a day before the wedding.
We have two old fashioned steam boats, the
Belle of Louisville (a 98 year old steamboat)
and the Spirit of Jefferson, a more modern boat built
like an old steamboat.



The wedding! I will surely have to post a blog going into more details, but for now, I'll just say I am completely satisfied and extremely appreciative of all the help and effort from friends and family who helped make our day great. I'm even happier I finally married my best friend. I was expecting a sudden different feeling once married, but nope. We're still the same old boring couple as before. :-) Now we're in the process of the next step in our lives - moving!

Happily married!!!
Special thanks to our photographer who worked very
hard and did a wonderful job! Takk så mye!

I'm quite satisfied with the venue.
I really think an old southern Kentucky
home was maybe the best and
most fitting place to have our wedding.

Comments

Unknown said…
Beautiful photos, amazing smiles!

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations