The very merry month of May

May is usually a very busy month. There are several days to celebrate in the month of May. hence why I haven't posted in a few weeks.

There has been 17. mai....

The beautiful daughter in her bunad. 

Us together at the local school. 

Mine and Arild's 3rd anniversary....
(WOO HOO!)
My 26th birthday......
and I actually had a Kentucky Derby themed birthday party! 

Apples made into roses. MMMM Food art. 

Horse shaped Kentucky Hot Brown, rose apples and alcohol free
mint juleps. 

Centerpiece. 

And me enjoying my mint julep. :-) 



Very pleased with the gifts I received! 


The 3rd anniversary of me living in Norway....

Strolling through Brekkeparken.

Colorful tulips! 



My Norskprøve 3 or A2/B1 exam... 
which I hope I passed!

study study study

Because I like making various things in my free time, I've attempted to start selling my own homemade products. I have started my own Facebook page with various things I've made so far. Feel free to check it out in the link below if you wish! 
                                                              Tøff Cookie



And I have now been hired for my first job in Norway!

Perhaps most importantly I have finally had an epiphany and I feel so much better and more at ease with myself. I've realized what I'm looking for isn't sleep, or time, or space, or work, or this or that. It's to just feel some sort of peace with myself. It's common sense really, but it took me quite some time to figure that out.

I've finally started thinking, 'Hmmm....I think I've got this!' when it comes to living in Norway and feeling like I can actually do something here and learning the language. For 3 years I've been more along the lines of thinking, 'What am I doing again?' and last year had been particularly rough as I've felt very hopeless many times to say the very least. Now I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm certain it's not an oncoming train. :-)

What a busy, busy month! 



Comments

lovely77 said…
Congrats!!

I am in similar place,like you was before,at Norway one year and feel like how i can do somethinghere ,get a job,learn language..Please advise!!! xoxo

PS Been following your blog for ages!
Evelyn Sand said…
Oh goodness! Networking is a good start, I suppose. I haven't been too great at that myself, but I've just been putting in several job applications. I've found with a lot of places, it's not what you know, but who you know.

The language. Time. It takes time and patience with oneself. That's easier said than done. I read a lot of Norwegian children's books and write down the words and their translations as I go along. It helps. Also watching Norwegian news on TV helps.

Thanks for being a long time follower and so sorry it has taken me a while to get back to replying to your comment! :-)

I hope I've given some sound advice and it helps you. A lot of times I still don't know what I'm doing, I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best, so I hope my advice helps! :-)
Sarah Normann said…
Hi! Am about to be moving to Norway with my husband as well, was curious what kind of job you were able to find? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations