Refleks

I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not writing as frequently as I used to. I think the reason being I feel more integrated now. Life is just happening and everything is falling into place. I'm settled. Of course that doesn't mean I still don't feel like a bit of an outsider. I don't totally feel like I fit in. I feel like I'm in more of a limbo. I feel like if I were to move back to the United States I'd miss Norway and while I'm here in Norway I miss the United States. My brain is still always churning cultural differences between the two countries. And not a day goes by that I don't complain about how tiny and illogical Norwegian parking spaces are. But more to my point, life has just been happening in my neck of the woods. I have promised myself today I will be lazy and just stop for a bit and write. So I am. :-)

Refleks is a tiny, but important part of your mørketid (dark time) clothing choice. As many people have places to go by walking, or just getting out and enjoying some fresh air, it's extremely smart for one's safety to wear refleks. As shared below are some informative videos on refleks.

Informative video on refleks
Du lyser ikke i mørket
Kjenner du noen som skal ut og gå i kveld, så send dem denne.Del gjerne, for dette er enkelt, men det redder liv.Hvor mange så du?
Posted by NRK Møre og Romsdal on Sunday, November 22, 2015
Refleks on my arm and leg while outside running. 



And even refleks on the stroller. 

Comments

Adrian said…
Hey ;) Welcome back. It's always good to start the new year with ambition. I like to travel a lot and some time ago I used to have the same feelings, like missing something.
Nowadays I don't miss it, I always know I can go back anytime anywhere. I don't like to be melodramatic on departures or too excited on arrivals... I take it all very natural and normal... So the weird feeling went away.
Looking forward for your next writings.
Carol and Vero said…
Your blog is really nice. :) I like it.
Unknown said…
I am glad to hear that you have found some time to reflect upon your life in Norway, however I'd be interested in learning a lot more about modern culture and traditions, maybe reply or write a post about it but I'm very interested in learning more!
Linda said…
I have Norwegian heritage and have always wanted to visit Norway. I'm enjoying reading your blog. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations