Strawberry Fields

Aside from warmth and sunlight, the other thing I mostly look forward to during the Norwegian summer is the strawberries. Norwegian strawberries are the best. This is simply a fact. No matter what the Danes say or the Swedes for that matter. Norwegian strawberries are the best in the world. Hands down.

I've had a major strawberry craving the past couple of days which is what has inspired me to write this post. 9 bowls of strawberries later (no exaggeration) and here I am writing about my love of Norway's sweet strawberries.

It's hard to describe a taste, isn't it? The strawberries I grew up eating as a child needed to have a bit of sugar on them as they were a bit sour alone. The strawberries here however are really sweet as they take longer to ripen. The whole inside of the strawberry is red in color. Often they're eaten with vanilla sauce. It's really the best thing since sunlight.

Aside from buying norske jordbær (Norwegian strawberries) at the store, I now have around 20 strawberry plants around the garden. I really look forward to picking the ripened berries soon.

Have a great summer, dearest blog readers! :-)

The vanilla sauce we use here as well as a delicious bowl of strawberries. NOM! 

Comments

Unknown said…
They really look delicious, I believe a squirrel is eating mind as soon as they come on. I believe I will not have any this year unless they are store bought, darn squirrel. . . Maybe next year..
Anonymous said…
Ha en god sommer :)

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations