Chips!

Yogurt. Many expat Americans have said this is great stuff and I agree!!!
I have a whole lot to say, but sadly, I can't write as fast as I think! The major thing that's been on my mind today is food here in Norway. I remembered Arild telling me earlier in the week that their food expired quickly so he goes to the grocery store usually every 3-4 days. He had a meeting at work this morning, so I was home alone and decided to have a  look in the refrigerator and started reading ingredients on the packages.To my surprise, the ingredients are much MUCH different! Yogurt: whole milk, strawberries, pineapples, etc. Chips: sliced potatoes with skin, peanut oil, salt. That's it! Ketchup: tomato puree, sugar, salt, vinegar, added vitamins A & D.

Where is the xyanthium 5? <---- I made that up, but that's just an example of something similar I notice in American ingredients. We don't know what we're eating. We just know Twinkies are delicious and can be preserved 20 years with no signs of decay. :-)

Unfortunately this is my first actual blog post while IN Norway, but I'll make this short and share this bit of amusement with you. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations