Celebrating 30 Years

My husband had a very special birthday. He turned 30 years old. I've known him since he was 27, but it was also the first of his birthdays we've spent in person so I wanted to make his day more special than it usually would have been. So, I had to document many parts of his birthday.

While he was sleeping on Saturday morning, I wanted to prank him, but I wanted to do something that was more or less a clean prank - nothing that would ruin his day. In order to do so I had to hide the supplies for this prank  (as well as his birthday gift) in our storage room.

His clear warning sign on the door.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 
So I went outside and placed wet cotton balls on his car. 

I made him his favorite food - cheese fries made from sliced potatoes. 

 I baked a chocolate cake from scratch and added sprinkles because sprinkles make everything taste better! If the cake didn't taste great then, hey at least the cake had sprinkles! And because 30 lit candles already seems like a lot, it may be the last time he gets candles on his cake. 

30 lit candles! 
We had a birthday celebration at his parents' house which his parents have for every family member. It's usually very laid back with ice cream cake and his dad makes a quiz about the person with the birthday so everyone has to answer according to their preferences. For instance, the theme of Arild's quiz was which gift would he rather have and the answers to choose from was something like, a red woolen sweater or black leather pants. Then because my husband is such an outgoing partier (sarcasm inserted here), we ended the night with a couple of games of bowling. :-)

Blowing out all 30 candles and making a wish! 
Arild opened his presents from everyone and on top of the present I bought him, I made him something I found on Pinterest. A friend of mine when I told her the idea, she thought it was a great idea and especially something to look back on if we ever get into a fight and need some cheering up.
365 Reasons Why I Love You
He's supposed to read one reason a day every day for a year. I thought a good time to give him this would be the day he turned 30. I just filled up the reasons with things like, I love you for always remembering to put a new roll of toilet paper in the holder when I forget to and I love your smiling dimples or I love you sharing half the housework. 

So that was his birthday and I look forward to spending many more with him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations