Denmark



Danmark! 


My husband's family loves Denmark. They love it so much they bought an apartment there. So this past weekend, we made a trip there. I think traveling within countries in Europe is best compared to traveling to other states within America. Taking a 3 hour boat ride to Denmark would be similar to someone in the US taking a little road trip to another state. More than likely a bordering state.

The inside of the ferry we travel on. 

I love how strangely diverse the Danish scenery is. One minute we're driving past windmills, rural dairy and turnip farms. The next we're driving past pine trees, a desert and then the seashore.

Turnips! 

An old Danish mill from the 1600s. 

Hiking with some scenery similar to Norway's, but this time we
climbed up a tree tower.

And something else similar to Norway -
grass growing on roofs! 

Though I like a lot of things about Denmark so far, I really like this desert we went to. Yes, a desert. I've never been to a desert before and so visiting one in cold and windy Denmark was certainly a strange experience.

Visiting the desert! 




And on our last day there, we walked about 1000 feet out of my in-law's apartment and enjoyed the sunset on the beach. It was even mine and Arild's 6 month wedding anniversary, so that made it just a tad more special. ;-) 

Så deilig! 

6 MONTHS! 

My in-laws, husband and I. 

And my brother-in-law using his creativity, made a video of our trip which can be visited here.

Overall, the trip was great, but I kept looking for Danish julebrus (Christmas soda) like we have here in Norway, my only luck in finding any drink was juleøl.... (Christmas beer) the Danes love their beer I suppose. :-) 


Juleøl
Via Leffe



Comments

Vic said…
Ahh, Jule Brus! I have already found my favorite, it is by Berentsen's and tastes very similar to Strawberry Crush. I guess that's why I like it, reminds me of home!

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations