An Announcement!!!

I've been a bit AWOL lately. I haven't been writing as much as I've wanted to. I have just had a complete lack of energy... and here's why....

I guess I was suspecting something was off in January while I was in Kentucky. Usually I take dreams with a grain of salt. I don't pay much attention to them, but I dreamt I was pregnant with a little boy. I didn't think TOO much about it, but I did keep the possibility of pregnancy in the back of my mind. While I was in Kentucky, my husband called me and told me, "It's so dull and boring without you here!" I think he may eat his words now...

I arrived in Norway and was complaining to Arild of nausea and he like with every symptom less than normal (I swear it's a curse for being born female, you google a symptom and it ALWAYS points to pregnancy) started making comments in a joking manner like, "I guess that means you're pregnant." A couple of days passed and I told him, "I feel different!!!!". To which he replied with, an "Oh...." hahaha.

I had a doctor's appointment a day later.... and an ultrasound.... where I got to see a blob shaped like a beansprout. A blood test was double confirmation. Yep. Pregnant. I expected if the day ever came, I'd be scared, worried and wouldn't know how to take it, but I was so surprised and happy I couldn't stop smiling!

Arild went with me to our second ultrasound. We got to see a tiny little heartbeat flutter inside this little beansprout!!! I just had my 3rd ultrasound and there is definitely a little Bean in there. The baby is stubborn, but very healthy. We were unable to get a good picture or see too much besides the top of the baby's head, but we do know there are arms and at least one leg kicking around. I don't know my exact due date, sometimes the doctor tells me I'm so many weeks, then yesterday she told me she thinks I'm further along than originally thought. I do know it's somewhere around 3 months and we do know baby Beansprout will be here sometime in September.

Beansprout's first picture.
This is the best the doctor could get with Bean being stubborn! 
I'm sure in the future a lot of my posts may be parental/pregnancy related, but I know there's already so many expatriate women living in Norway who focus their blogs around that. I do of course find such aspects of Norwegian culture surrounding breastfeeding, children napping outdoors and midwives very interesting and I'm sure you can in the future expect me to babble on about that. But in courtesy of those who seek out my blog and don't yet have children, I will always try to find something to write about which is somehow surrounding living in Norway or Norwegian culture.

After all, I am still "new" here and I'm always learning more about Norwegian life, society, the language and culture... and I can totally understand not wanting to read baby this and baby that all the time!!! :-)

Comments

H. Bratset said…
Oh my gosh.. I'm so excited for you!!! Norway will be a wonderful place to raise a baby, too.
Evelyn Sand said…
Thank you so much! I really look forward to motherhood and raising this little troll!!! :-) Norway is a wonderful place to raise children and I love how the whole society seems so family friendly!

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations