Wedding Anniversary

I could say a million things about mine and my husband's one year anniversary. I could go on and on, but I'll just stick to something simple. It's been a year, a really great year! 2 years ago on May 18th Arild made his first visit to the US and that's when we met in person. When I met him, it felt like I had known him my entire life. 1 year ago we exchanged vows and said our I Dos. (Actually I had forgotten to write the "I Do" part in our vows, so it was never said!) I'd like to think only good things have happened for us since meeting 2 years ago.

If it weren't for my husband, the thought of moving to Norway would have never even crossed my mind. He's the sole reason why I'm living 4200 miles away from the US and would have only dreamed of living elsewhere.

Anyways, I think I'll just save the writing and say the rest in pictures!

Reunited on May 12, 2012.

How we spent our May 17th last year. 

Married. May 18, 2012!

My moving trip to Norway on May 24-25, 2012.

Starting to look alike. 


Visiting Drangedal. 

Inside an old ruins of a church cellar.



Honeymooning in Italy. 

Honeymooning in France. 

Visiting Bergen.

Visiting Kristiansand. 

Denmark! 

Even though he's over a foot or 30 cm taller than me,
I can still pick him up and carry him on my back. 

Denmark again!!! 

6 months of marriage in Denmark! I just adore this guy! :-) 

First Christmas together... in person and without Skype! 

Germany! 

Taking a very cold hike!

Being tickled at the Mumford & Sons concert.

Celebrating 17. mai!!!

And celebrating one year of marriage with a hike! :-) 

Comments

David said…
Heartfelt congratulations to you both - lovely photographs!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations to both of you!

As a newly transplanted Canadian in Norway I was browsing about reading other blogs by other transplants to Norway and came across yours. I've enjoyed reading it and have to say your Surviving the Distance entries resonated deeply with me. I was surprised how similar our situations are. Looking forward to reading more.

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations