Møøse

Okay, so the title is thanks to Monty Python...

A lot of talk about moose has been going on lately. I've learned "moose cakes" aren't a dessert as I first assumed, but rather moose meat. Actual moose. Norwegians eat moose! I'm not sure WHY exactly this surprises me. I knew reindeer, elk, deer, etc. were consumed so why not moose as well? Arild and I were recently invited to a wedding this summer and he made the comment, "I wouldn't be surprised if moose the groom shot and killed is served for dinner." Oh dear.... :-/

This is the stave church the wedding will be held.
I'm totally anticipating seeing bunads and typical
rural Norwegian scenery! :-) 
Anyways, I'm super excited about this wedding we're invited to as we will drive half way across the country (a whopping 2 hour drive!) and the wedding will be held in a STAVE CHURCH! This past January Arild took me to the Norsk Folk Museum in Oslo. I had researched it a bit and found out there's a stave church there and that's where my interest stemmed from, but sadly, after we walked up this huge hill to see it we read a sign stating it is under construction. So he promised me a visit to a stave church this summer. Norway has 28 of these old beautiful pieces of history! Also, he is most certainly not a morning person, but he did tell me since this is all new to me and to keep me from taking 5,000 pictures on the drive to this wedding, we can leave earlier and stop so I can take pictures of scenery. :-) I don't think he's exaggerating about the 5,000 pictures either!

 And breaking bad news, our darling Stella cannot ride on the plane with us to Europe. We have to go through a separate transportation service for that. As long as she is taken care of and treated with the utmost care and respect and arrives to our new home safely that's all that matters. I would never suggest traveling with a pet, but I am of course moving with her because I just can't be without her. No one else loves that cat like I do. Stella and I are a team. We're a packaged deal. Arild marries me, he gains a cat as well. :-)
I can't live without this silly cat!
Spoken like a true crazy cat lady! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations