Denmark!!!


Denmark, the happiest country in the world who also gave the world Legos!

Leaving the dock! One of the last sights of Norway!
This past weekend my husband, his family, and myself went to Denmark. I think traveling to different countries in Europe is best compared to traveling to different states in America. We took a ferry to Denmark which was about a 3.5 hour ride - about the same length of time it takes to travel from some parts of Kentucky to Tennessee or North Carolina.

My brother-in-law and I FREEZING on the deck of the boat!
It was incredibly windy!
Windmills. Windmills everywhere! 
I'd love to go back and in fact we are - in November! Denmark is incredibly flat and windy and there are tons of windmills generating energy everywhere. When we were driving at a higher altitude (about 10 feet) - which wasn't much at all considering the entire country is flat and the largest "mountain" is about 300 feet- it was still flat, but from the landscape there was a lot less vegetation.
While walking and trying to find an open
restaurant in a summer town - which was
very difficult! I found a HUGE chair to sit in. 

Part of this sign on the door of a closed restaurant
said something to the extent of, "The waitresses aren't
pissed off, just a little stressed!" 
Danish flag. 
Denmark has always been a nice vacation spot and childhood favorite of my husband and his family and apart from our many trips to the USA in times to come, I think Denmark will be a popular travel destination for us.

Going through Denmark!!!!
Candy and other products are tax free on the ferry from Norway to Denmark, so we took full advantage. Another plus side to Danish stores would be the cheaper candy there as well.

An old church tower. 





Went shopping down this street! My favorite
store was called Dal's. They have a lot of
homemade things there with a mixture of a little bit of everything. 




The temperature really wasn't cold, but the wind was!
I had just recently bought a winter coat
and was toasty, but my husband
however..... froze the whole time. 
I think there should be a caption saying,
"We love English!"
I often see American flags on household items and clothing.
It gets very confusing sometimes. 




Outside of an Art museum. We didn't go through the
place, but it was nice to stop in the place and warm up
from the wind. 

Strange to see homes with straw roofs. 

Roaring waves. 

Trying to get a decent "piggy back ride by the sea"
picture is almost impossible with a mixture of a clumsy couple
and Denmark's notorious wind.  

On the boat back home. 

Last sight of Denmark through the boat window. 

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi...i really like to read your blog. good recommend for me, i would like to move to Norway within this year.
oh i ever been to Denmark with DFDS seaways too, it was nice :-)

Can i send email to you?

warmest greetings from Jakarta,
Evelyn Sand said…
Thank you! I'm happy you enjoy my blog and find it useful. :-) And sure, you may email.

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations