A Trip To the Coast

Part of being married is sharing things. Sharing the TV remote, sharing an economy, sharing a bed, and even at times sharing sickness. Unfortunately due to recent sickness that I may or may not have passed onto my husband, he urged me to go with his parents and his older brother on a day trip to the coast. After being reluctant to leave him home and with mono, I finally went.

Stavern, Norway was one of the small coastal cities we went to. Like every other coastal city it's nice to take a day trip and go on a walk or hike and just observe and take in some of the nice Norwegian scenery. What sets this city apart is it used to be a naval base. Now the town can be seen with mustard colored houses, a memorial for fallen sailors, and art displays throughout the week days.

An old sea mine from WWII. 
An old home from the 1600s. 
A statue inside the naval memorial. 
I even tried fish soup for the first time. I know it's a popular and traditional dish in Norway and I have been very skeptical about trying it because well, quite frankly nothing about fish soup sounds too appealing to me. Giving it the benefit of doubt, I tried it and I liked it. I'd probably even order it again.

Fish soup. 
An artsy horse statue made of what appears to be watch gears. 
Some of my horrible photography! The
multi-colored roses were pretty though! 
The Danish flag. 
Beautiful Norway! 
A house on the rocks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Froot Loops