Learning to Cook *BIG SIGH*

One of the favorite gifts Arild and I received as a wedding present was a homemade cookbook filled with handwritten recipes from family. There's also many many blank pages so I can add more if I like. Recently I have added more of my own recipes I've been experimenting with and other recipes I've almost forgotten about like my mother's chicken and dumplings.

I'm a horrible cook, but I try and I'm working on learning how to.

For a while I tried cooking traditional Norwegian foods and gave up on it. I've tried following some family recipes, but I gave up on that too. I'm only disappointed every time because nothing ever tastes the way it's supposed to. Now, I'm just trying to cook anything.
The cookbook we were given as a wedding present and
sloppy joes made from chicken instead of beef and with homemade sauce. 

Homemade snickerdoodle muffins! 

Homemade banana pudding. I couldn't find vanilla pudding here, so I
bought some vanilla custard and thickened it with 2 egg yolks. I
couldn't find vanilla wafers either, so I crumbled vanilla cookies for the
crust and crumbs on top. 

My 3rd or 4th attempt at waffles! Still not turning out okay, but I tore them
apart into heart shapes. That makes it all better, right? 

I love bread! So does Arild. He loves bread sticks from Pizza Hut, so I
looked online to see how I could season bread or rolls like them and found
a recipe. We've been trying this at least 4 times a week. :-) 

A downfall to Norway - no granola bars! So I made my own! Banana coconut!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations