Random thought bubbles :-)


In searching for an airline approved carry-on bag for Miss Stella, I think I've finally found one.... MAYBE! Unfortunately it doesn't come in purple, which is the color I think matches her best. It's a crazy cat lady thing, I'm sure only crazy pet owners would understand being peculiar when it comes to picking colors of items for their pets. :-) Click to View Stella's Potential Carry On

I also ordered some more wedding supplies and I think I'm getting very close to being finished with that now! We now have a personalized cake topper so we can keep it on a shelf in the living room (my plan for it) and since I was originally fond of butterflies on wedding cakes, then changed my mind, then went back to the idea and today I'm in the mood where I really don't care, it's cake and it's going to be devoured by 30-50 people so it really doesn't matter! So I ordered the royal blue butterflies I thought were cute. I now picked the time to alter my dress and what not which is now on the same day as Stella's check up so things are coming together nicely. Arild won't have to worry about marrying a bride in a straight jacket although I'm sure he can expect another meltdown. :-)

Lastly, a lot of talk about wedding pictures and I've been both impressed and humored at Arild's smiling practice. He has difficulty you could say in taking proper pictures. The bright side is that every picture we take together is original, BUT he doesn't do too well at faked, forced smiles as he either appears way too excited or scared. The photographer that took our engagement pictures charged a very low price for them, offered us his services at our wedding and then wanted to charged at least $1000. That's a bit steep for some very entertaining wedding photos. :-)  So we've decided to go with someone in a more reasonable price range, but still have our very entertaining wedding photos to cherish. In his defense though, while we were taking our engagement pictures the photographer and his wife had more issues with me than him. :-)

Looking at my work schedule a few weeks from now I really think I'll be able to go to a "Louisville Speaks Scandinavian" meeting I've been invited to after work. I told myself I MUST make it to at least ONE meeting before leaving so I really have to go there and see what it's like! :-) Link to Louisville Speaks Scandinavian

And while I'm mumbling on about any thought bubble popping in my head I'll go ahead and share this link and explain another crazy idea of mine. Telemark University College Yes, that's right... college. As if I haven't had enough of it already. From time to time you'll hear me whine and complain about college draining the life right out of you and curse about how it was possibly a dumb decision to take out thousands of dollars in student loans during a recession and with no real plan or optimism and hope in actually finding a job in the field I'm going into. Regardless of whether I decided to start my life in Kentucky or move to Norway I'd still be in this situation where I have no idea what to do with my life and this scares me. I hate surprises and I can't stand not being prepared or not knowing what to do next. It's a sad reality and this is where many college students in my generation stand. The best answer I can think of that can only and hopefully have the most positive of outcomes is more education. So, I mustered up my crazy scheme and here it is, in August I'll take my Norwegian classes. It's required for a year, but if I need more help I can take additional hours. I will of course try my hardest to find a job when I can after that year is over, but Arild and I were talking about this and being at an entry level position it will most likely be a part-time job of course, so once I take time to become fluent in the language I think I may take a stab at working on a Master's degree or another Bachelor's degree part-time. Health and Social Studies Programs It's just a thought as of now, but I think this is something I really want to do once I'm settled. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations