More Norwegian Scenery!

I love it when my husband comes home from work and says, "Hey you wanna go for a drive and see where we end up?" My response is always an enthusiastic, "YEAH! Let's go!!!"

I love finding new places and seeing new things and he enjoys showing me around. However, I don't love carsickness. I've experienced a lot of firsts since being in Norway and carsickness is one of them. I'm almost 100% sure whomever designed these roads followed a snake. If anyone were to tell me otherwise I'd probably tell them they were lying to me. There are hills, slopes, hairpin turns, curve after curve after curve. The back roads like I'm accustomed to in Kentucky can be full of hills and curves, but nothing like any road in Norway. The interstates in America are designed to have several miles of straight roads before the road turns to curves and hills and what have you. This is strictly military business because in case of emergency and a military aircraft needs to land they can use the interstate if necessary - or so I've been told.

I'm still in awe at some of the Norwegian scenery here. We do have some upcoming trips planned to Bergen and Kristiansand (not to mention our Honeymoon) and maybe, possibly a trip to Sweden. All of which I'm very thrilled about and I'm excited to get some nice pictures of everything!

                                         I'll just share some pictures of more scenery thus far...

3 AM sunrise..... 

Apple orchards

A view of the lake. 


Fog up in the mountains. 

Another view of the church in Skien city center.

The remains of a church built in the 1100s.

The cellar of the church. 

Norwegian countryside. 

Lupins everywhere. 

2700 year old drawings on a rock in Skien. There are pictures of
what appears to be viking ships and horses. 


Norwegian lakeside. 

A rainbow tree. 

An old stone bridge which Arild's great grandfather helped build.

Wild strawberries making an appearance through pavement. 

Rainbow lamp posts! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations