Signing Up For Classes

In Norway it's required to have 600 hours of classes. That is, 600 after the application is approved. Language classes taken before then does not count, but it's worth spending the money on them because to put it bluntly, if you're going to live here you need to learn the language and it's best to go ahead and get started with it. 50 hours are for Norwegian social studies. If you take this class before the application approval, it WILL count. I will soon be taking these classes this month, so I will of course update on how that is going.

The other 550 hours are for language classes. While signing up, the lady whom Arild and I were speaking to had shown us the books I'll be using. 2 very thin books. So, I'm assuming since the books are thin there will be a lot of talking in these classes. I'll find out for myself in August.

Now there's the application process. It's just the application for residency approval. To ease some worry from family and friends, I'm not giving up my citizenship. In 3.5 years, if I want to switch citizenship from American to Norwegian, I can. We'll just see when we get there. There are some requirements with this and possibly more so on the Norwegian's part than the other nationality. First, the Norwegian must be working and must make a sustainable income. (This way, the government knows this person can support both themselves and the immigrant) The Norwegian can't have been on any type of social support within the past 4 years. They must have been working for a certain length of time and they must have lived in Norway for a certain length of time. (I'm unsure on how many years) We will be beginning this soon, so I'll be updating with how this application process is going.

So for now, ha det bra!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations