A Norwegian Wedding

Summer is the time for weddings in Norway. No worries about snow and the weather isn't frigid, which makes it the perfect and popular time to have a wedding.

Arild and I had the honor of being invited to a friend of his wedding. It was amazingly Norwegian and a great dose of culture and history for me as we were there to celebrate the couple's big day!

There was a stave church, bunads, fiddles, a horse carriage, kransekake, moose, strawberries -you name it! All things Norwegian were present! :-)

It was very interesting talking to some of the guests there. It seemed almost everyone there had some sort of connection to America, whether they studied in Texas or they have relatives in Minnesota or they just came back from vacation in Florida.

The stave church the wedding was held! 

Our tables at the wedding reception. 

I even tried some moose for the first time! I was told it tastes
like beef and if I didn't know any different, I would have thought
it was beef. 

My dinner! Chicken and rice with chicken sauce, potatoes and
gravy, bread and butter and strawberries.! 

One of the centerpieces! 

Name cards for our assigned seating! Moose themed of course! :-) 

Kransekake!!! 

The groom's mother told me this church
had been built in 1250! It's so amazing
to see places that are so old and have so
much history behind them! 
I thought the wedding was absolutely beautiful and it was so great to be there to support a couple on their big day and experience some wonderful Norwegian culture!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations